Look at our Visitors Book
The following is an extract from our current edition of our parish magazine The Scallop Shell
Not all of our visitors sign the book, but from those who do we gain an impression of why people have visited and what struck them most about their time here. Here are some comments from the last few months:
Some are struck by the atmosphere of the place:
- I was so impressed by the alterations. Such a welcoming atmosphere
- What a fabulous church, wonderfully cared for House of God
- Nice and peaceful today, plenty of information available
- Great to find your church open. A calm refuge
- The church is very pretty
Others find here a fresh sense of peace in this holy place:
- A lovely building – a haven of peace!
- Peaceful and calming atmosphere
- So peaceful for me and my dog and to say prayers alone
- Thank you for the moment to take a breath
- Wonderful to be able to come in at any time to pray, be still and light a candle
- Enjoyed a very spiritual communion. Thanks x
Some visitors have come to follow the footsteps of ancestors who have lived here and been baptised, married or buried here:
- Visiting family graves
- My 3 times great grandfather was christened here in 1818!
- So much information: nice to walk where my ancestors did
- Visiting the site of my great x4 grandparents’ marriage (a visitor from Denmark)
We hope that more of us locals will come to value the opportunity of using this place regularly. This is our church – it is here for us all! Even if we’re not always aware of God’s closeness, he is always with us. A visit here might help any of us feel his presence in fresh ways.